Gateway Overview: Mint Payments
Mint Payments is a leading provider of Credit Card payment services in Australia. Mint Payments is our preferred provider for Australia.
Mint’s fees for uCollect users are:
- No customer setup fee
- Visa/Mastercard: 1.88% + $0.30 transaction fee + $38.50 per month
- AMEX/Diners: available independently – signup with Amex/Diners and provide the merchant number and Mint will process
- Multi currency CC charges are available, but require special setup
- Authorisation fee (only for Pay Now transactions): $0.28
Mint Payment transactions are underwritten and processed by NAB. Prices include GST.
Note that the heading at the top of the form states only CC pricing.
You will need to submit the following details:
- ABN Number
- Owner/Director details
- Bank account number and recent statements
Approval takes 2-4 working days (it can take longer based on the risk assessment process). Your API details will be sent direct to us when approved and we will notify you when your uCollect account is ready.
In uCollect we have split Mint into two gateways – one for Direct Debits (AU only) and one for Credit Cards. You do not need to set up one of the gateways in uCollect unless you intend to offer that payment method. You can always add the other gateway later if you want to.
To set up your gateway in uCollect add a new Gateway (Edit Organisation, or from the setup wizard) with the following details:
- Gateway: choose the Mint Credit Card gateway.
- Enter your Username and password (Credit Card) received from Mint
- Calculate Commission/Fees on Settlement: This option should not be checked as Mint deducts fees monthly from your account.
- Pay Now: Mint is eligible for Pay Now (and your customers can sign up for automatic collection).
For help on using the Gateway setup screen please see the help page.
When setting up your contacts in uCollect you have two options:
- Create Customer. You can click the “Create Customer” link to add the details if they have not already been created in Mint. You still need to ensure that you have the correct authorisation to set up the bank account or credit card in uCollect. We submit this data to Mint which assigns a Customer ID. We do not store the account details in uCollect – we only store the Customer ID from Mint.
- Choose from the list. You can reuse a stored customer profile from Mint by selecting it from the list. Be careful to pick the right one!
uCollect will automatically send collection requests to Mint. No additional involvement from you is required. When Mint accept the request we will mark the invoice as paid in Xero. The acceptance we receive from Mint is not necessarily a real-time approval. It is still possible that the collection could be rejected by the bank. If this happens we will send you an email and reverse the payment in Xero.
Important note on currencies: All Mint gateways are single currency. This currency is the base currency for your country (NZD for New Zealand and AUD for Australia). Do not attempt to collect invoices in other currencies through these gateways as they will be treated as base currency at 1:1. No FX conversion will be performed.